Online Editor Position
London in Stereo is looking for a seriously brilliant and passionate-about-music online editor. Working alongside the rest of the team (including our print staff and festivals editor), you’d be in charge of commissioning, requesting and social media for our reviews and mini-features.
Here are the guidelines:
A maximum of a couple of hours a day (five days a week), everything should be fine to schedule ahead of time. We have around 2 articles a day going up – working remotely so the position is open to those of you outside of London.
– Emailing contributors
– Commissioning Content
– Creating Site schedule
– Formatting Posts
– Editing Posts
– Liaising with PRs
– Writing introductions
– Scheduling Social media posts
– Being part of the team on a wider scale, coming up with ideas and feeding back.
– Creating supporting content for gigs and venues
– Basic knowledge of HTML (knowledge of wordpress useful)
– Twitter/Facebook Expertise
– Good email manner/quick response to emails in general
– Good list keeping skills so we know who has done what/what has been commissioned
– really passionate about music, especially live music
Would be useful if you had:
– Contacts in PR (we have them, but if people already know you, even better)
– Super organisation skills
– Full HTML and formatting knowledge
– Social Media Marketing experience
– Writing skills
– A strong understanding of what London in Stereo already does. Our articles and style.
Don’t be put off if you don’t have all the requirements but feel you’d be great at this role, we really want someone who is fun and passionate about what we do – that comes above everything.
Pay: £300 a month for the first 3 months.
To apply email email@example.com with a CV and 10 track playlist.
Disappointed that your city doesn’t have something like London in Stereo to keep you up to date with listings? We’re looking for people in other cities to join the In Stereo family and take the lead in creating their own magazine.